23 October 2015

somethings

There’s something about the days when you notice the small things, when you fall in love with life and all it holds.
I fall in love with taking photographs, however they turn out - clear, blurry, sharp or too dark. Points of interest or a simple shadow on the floor, I fall in love with the use of the camera on my phone and just how many memories it can secure.
I love busy tubes, we’re all cramped in this one space; there’s no room to move and you can barely budge an arm without hitting someone, an abundance of ‘oops, sorry’’s. People huff and puff but I like it, everyone is heading to a different place and everyone has a different end goal. It’s probably far too hot and you’re way too small to reach the top bar but I guess being stuck between five people lowers your chances of falling as the tube comes to a flying halt. The five-seven o’clock has got people heading from every area in London to another, back home or back to work and there you are. . .exploring the beauty. Who knew you’d find it heading to Green Park on the Piccadilly line.
I sometimes fall desperately in love with the arts; literature, photographs, paintings, whatever it may be it is beautiful. That quote I saw on tumblr, that unforgettable portrait in a gallery or that certain paragraph in the book you’re reading. I wish I was better, I wish I was more capable at any of them; at all of them.
Perhaps this is another example of how I fall too easily.
The people stopping on the bridge to get the perfectly angled picture of the London Eye (me included). People rushing to catch the tube, eagerly wanting to get to the next stop as soon as possible. The man stood watching Big Ben as his time lapse captures the sun set, who knows how long he’s been there.
The thing is, this is your life and why should you not fall in love with everything about it, why shouldn’t you love everything around you; be it where you live or where you’re travelling. 
The little things and the big things, I just wish I could see things out of those eyes everyday. The eyes where I’m happy and everything is beautiful, every colour a tad sharper. 
Because, in reality, these things are not overly attractive. The tube is sweaty and breathless at rush hour; my photos tend to look awful when they’re blurry; people stopping in the middle of the road is annoying and ‘in the way’; I am not as good as I wish I was at writing, taking photos and I certainly cannot draw.
But maybe through my alternate eyes I can keep believing, keep seeing the allure of the world. I can’t wait for the next day where I fall for the world.



{this post was inspired by my recent trip to london (obviously) you can find some sexy (bad) pictures over on my instagram -> instagram.com/sxmiiecast}